eLog - electronic logbook
Digitized books with high data quality and global data access
The Anschütz eLog is an electronic logbook consisting of a small gateway computer and a web browser application. eLog enables automated and digitized logbook entries that eliminate the cost and effort of paper logbook logistics while guaranteeing high data quality and global data access.
eLog eliminates the risk of improperly filled or incomplete logbooks.
- Logbook data entries are legible, consistent and complete
- Automatic data inputs of navigational sensor data at a defined time interval
- User-friendly templates for fast and reliable manual logbook entries
- Plausibility checks of logbook data for higher data quality
- Reduces workload for crews, lower risk of errors
Secure, global available data
eLog uses blockchain technology and a data interface to a cloud.
- Secure, tamperproof digital archiving of data
- Personalized users, approval workflow through all command levels
- Data access from anywhere in the world through a modern web interface
- Digital entries can be searched, filtered, archived and exported
the starting point for more efficient processes onboard and for reports.
- No more costs and efforts for paper logbook logistic and handling
- Low initial cost for setup and installation (can be done by ship’s electrician)
- Enables shore side inspection of data or reuse of data for other applications
- Growing scope of logbooks, significant step toward paperless shipping
Get your free eLog demo
Tell us a bit about yourself so that we can set up your free personalized demo:
All traditional logbook entries can be made and viewed. The user enters new logbook entries with consistently high quality, regardless of disruptive factors such as fatigue, stress or weather. Incorrect entries can be edited, the change is displayed in a traceable manner. Vessel particulars can be set or add a new voyage. Settings and information are available, for example a complete digital user manual.
The scope and the configuration of eLog may vary from ship to ship.
eLog is independent of the manufacturer of the AIS or the navigation systems.
High quality logbook data, high efficiency, paperless shipping.
- Includes deck logbook and bell book, noon report, IMO crew lists, as well as a cloud service with remote access
- Unambiguous entries, presentation of data in a legible and searchable form
- Simple, time-saving search and filter function
- Linked records to visualize dependent logbook entries (e.g. pilots, tugs)
- Easy access to the history of the logbook data with day filter
- Creation of reports, printing and exporting data kept simple
- Sustainable digital information carrier of ship's operation documentation
- ISO 21745:2019 (Electronic record books for ships — Technical specifications and operational requirements)
And learn more:
Revolutionizing logbook entries
Automated data entries
Anschütz eLog - How it works
From paper to digital
High-quality digital data
- AIS Transceiver (required) 61162-1 / 61162-2 (NMEA) telegrams: position, speed and course over ground, heading
- Ship Network (optional) IEC 61162-450: additional own ship and environmental and navigation data
- eLogbook Cloud (web based)
Supply voltage & power consumption
- 24 V DC (18-34 V DC)
- Approx. 10 W
- VDR connection: NMEA telegrams
- CAM connection: alerts according to IEC 62923-1/-2 bridge alert management
- eLogbook Cloud (web based): access to view data and create exports
- Main 32 GB (> 10 years)
- Backup 2 GB (> 2 years)
- Operation: -40 °C to 65 °C
- Storage: -40 °C to 75 °C