Standard 30 MF
based on hemispherical resonator gyro technology
The Anschütz Standard 30 MF Gyro Compass is the second generation of maintenance free gyro compasses based on hemispherical resonator gyro (HRGs) technology. The use of HRG technology together with the simple design makes it extremely reliable with no wear and tear and no need for maintenance.
The mean time between failures (MTBF) value is more than 100,000 hours which is a multiple of the MTBF values of optical gyros (such as FOGs). The HRG technology has already been used in Horizon MF – the predecessor. The new Standard 30 MF is even smaller, can be used as rate-of-turn indicator (required for vessels above 50.000 GT according to SOLAS) and features an optimized integration into a Raytheon Anschütz heading management system. With Ethernet and CAN-bus interfaces, cabling efforts are minimized.
Facts & features for safe navigation
- High accuracy of 0.25 degrees, ultra-robust design
- Highly cost-effective over lifetime through maintenance-free technology
- Superior and durable HRG technology (MTBF >100,000 h)
- Significantly better longterm stability than an FOG, no drift
- Heading sensor and MRU in one (roll and pitch output), thus reduction in investment and maintenance cost
- Settling time of only one hour, settles at rough sea states
- Heading monitor and selector with automatic switch-over (configurable)
- Automatic speed / latitude error correction
- Individual speed error correction