Rudder Position Transmitter
The rudder position transmitter S50/44 senses the absolute value of the rudder angle. It has been designed for direct mounting on the hydraulic tilt ram of the steering gear and works without contact between moving part and sensor element. The position thus determined is expressed in both digital and analogue form, allowing the rudder position information to be processed as desired. An additional mechanical scale is mounted on the RPT for optical pick-up of the measured value.
Facts & features for safe navigation
- Contact free measuring system
- Absolute position determination
- Position correction by signal linearization
- Up to three independant RS422 and analogue interface
- Water-tight, submarine proven housing