Synapsis Workstation for ECDIS NX
The new SYNAPSIS ECDIS NX is an advanced ECDIS with a modern, state-of-the-art design.
ECDIS NX was designed from the ground up with continuous user participation - making ECDIS NX the world’s first user-defined ECDIS. The objective with ECDIS NX was not only to explicitly consider the human element in all stages during software design, but to create an application with the help of seafarers for seafarers and with an unparalleled intuitiveness in use and function.
Crews will familiarize themselves quickly with the new user interface and the human-centered operation concept. This makes ECDIS NX also a perfect solution for retrofits.
ECDIS NX was designed to effectively support the daily tasks and use cases of navigators. During route monitoring the navigator benefits from a maximum chart area display. Important operational functions are available on a single click, and indications can be fixed or retracted as needed, based on navigator preferences.
Read more about ECDIS NX, about user participation and development, and watch the videos:
Facts & Features
- Clear user interface provides the most intuitive operation
- Wide screen displays in high resolution and retractable UI panels for maximized view of the charts
- Quick access bar for essential functions (accessible at a single touch)
- Smart tools for route planning (e.g. Wizard based voyage planning and graphical editing of routes)
- Speed and ETA calculation for each waypoint and leg in UTC or local time
- Editable look ahead zones for anti-collision, route monitoring and anti-grounding
- Track control cat. C with Anschütz autopilots
- Advanced INS functions now standard for a stand-alone ECDIS
- Support of Admiralty Information Overlay (AIO by AVCS)
- Fully type approved according to IEC 61174 Ed. 4.0 and IHO Presentation Library S-52 Annex A Edition 4.0 incl. DNV GL certificates