New Docking Display Eases Ship Docking Maneuvers
The Docking Display provides the navigator an overview of all relevant and situation-specific ship data at a glance, combined with a chart window to ease the docking maneuver. Operators using the Docking Display will experience a never before possible situational overview about the ship, the ship’s condition and the influencing parameters through the entire docking maneuver. This makes the feature another significant contribution to safer operations combined with a lower risk of failure.
The Docking Display is a new, customized page on the Conning NX software. It is designed using the “widgets” provided by Conning NX which can be selected, adapted and combined as needed.
Important functions of the Docking Display are:
- The usage and the performance of chart display is comparable to chart display in ECDIS NX
- Toggling between ship-centered mode (including off-center distance) and free movement
- Support of multiple chart views (e.g. different scale, chart details, own ship options…)
- Display of the active route on the chart (waypoints, labels, path, radius, XTD limits)
- User-defined visibility of chart objects
For more information, please visit our productpage: Synapsis Conning NX