Raytheon Anschütz launches latest Synapsis E04.04 ship navigation software
The Synapsis NX software suite includes ECDIS NX, the world’s first user-defined electronic chart display and information system, as well as Radar NX and Conning NX. Raytheon Anschütz upgraded the software, adding new functionality and improving its resilience to failures.
“We designed the interfaces from scratch, pulling from over a century of industry experience and knowledge of our experienced navigators and specialized user interface designers,” said Jan C. Lütt, Director of Product Management at Raytheon Anschütz.
Among others, the ECDIS NX is equipped with:
- A new automatic identification system (AIS) path predictor.
- An improved estimated time of arrival (ETA) and time to go (TTG) display.
- A radar overlay for third party radars.
- Improvements for stability and performance.
The Conning NX comes with a new, optional docking display, and can be integrated with closed circuit television (CCTV). “This software stands out, offering sailors consistent user interfaces, intuitiveness and better situational awareness,” Lütt said. “Sailors benefit from reduced workload and stress, validated data, and good decision making.”
The Radar NX features many new improvements including:
- A clear arranged user interface offers an intuitive overview without functional overload but with shortcuts to the most important functions.
- Elimination of atmospheric clutter and sharpened edges of radar echos.
- A maximum of parallel index (PI)-Lines that allows users to plan complete routes, increasing safety to and from frequented areas.
- Additional electronic bearing lines (EBLs), which are available to support safe operation in different scenarios.